In consideration of my participation, or my child’s participation in this program and all of its related activities, I acknowledge and I am aware of, appreciate, and accept the inherent physical risks and the other possible RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS associated with participating in this program. This includes the possible risk of severe or fatal injury to me, my child or others. I understand that the inherent risks of sport and physical activity cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of sport and physical activity. I have reviewed all of these risks, I understand them, and I still desire to participate in the program.
1. I/my child will follow all the instructions and rules given by those responsible for, or, in charge of this program and all of its related activities while I am/my child is participating in this program. I understand and accept that the instructions and rules are in place to provide a safe environment for the entire program and all participants.
2. I/my child will obey all the rules and regulations pertaining to this program and all of its related activities.
3. To the best of my knowledge I am/my child is physically and mentally able to participate in all activities of this program.
4. I/my child will wear full protective equipment demanded by the activity and that the equipment brought to the program meets or exceeds all minimal CSA or sport governing body standards.
5. If an injury occurs, I give permission to ISPARC staff and/or adult leader in charge to provide emergency first aid treatment and transport or arrange emergency transportation for me/my child to a medical facility for emergency treatment.
COMMUNICATION, MEDIA RELEASE AND PRIVACY OF INFORMATION:
I hereby grant to ISPARC, BC Aboriginal Association of Friendship Centres (BCAAFC), or affiliated bodies the right to use, without payment of any fee or charge, any written information (excluding information contained on a Medical Form), photograph, video, or other visual media of myself/my child, or program participant taken during the program activities for the purpose of furthering ISPARC or BCAAFC objectives.
I understand that the ISPARC and BCAAFC respect the privacy and personal information of all participants and that they will collect a limited amount of personal information for the purpose of carrying out their responsibilities as a facilitator of sport, recreation and physical activity programs. I am consenting to the collection of this information and its use by ISPARC and BCAAFC for the purposes related to various events/programs throughout the year and to communicate to me about future events and activities.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OVER THE AGE OF 18 ONLY
I agree to HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the BCAAFC, as the host organization of ISPARC, the organizers and/or its agents from any and all actions, claims, demands, losses, judgments or costs of any nature to any third party resulting from my association with the BCAAFC and ISPARC sanctioned event and I agree not to make any claims or take any proceedings against any person, society, corporation or other legal entity who might claim contribution or indemnity from BCAAFC, the organizers and/or its agents in respect of matters which are subject of this Release. I agree that this Release shall bind my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.